November 30, 2010

36 weeks pregnant!

We're almost there! 36 weeks down and 4 to go! I had my 36 week appt today with a midwife. I really enjoyed meeting with her. I've decided to have a midwife present during my labor and delivery. The midwife I met with today told me they have a 99% success rate with vbacs since they tend to be more patient and don't resort immediately to a c-section. Due to the vbac, a dr. will always be immediately available, but it will be nice to have the additional support of a midwife.
My measurements are right on and my weight continues to mirror where I was with Jensen. I don't have any swelling, but do have quite a bit of activity. I think she's getting a little restless in there! Her movement today caused a lot of contractions....not painful labor contractions, just a lot of tightening.
We have most of the major things completed on our checklist. We are still working on our emergency action plan for both Jensen and Bailey, need to pack our bags and get out some of the baby items from the attic. Other than that, we're just enjoying the time with our little man and each other until Keaton decides to arrive! I have one more thing to finish in Keaton's room and then will post pictures.

1 comment:

karla swanson said...

Such blessings with precious Jensen and awaiting new born sister.
Our prayers are with you for your VBAC and midwife. We can't wait to hear the good news.

Also congrats to Joe on his great football season, Love karla