May 13, 2012

A special Mother's Day!

My fourth Mother's Day as a MOM is coming to an end...and it's been a spectacular one! On a rainy, dreary morning, the kids slept in which allowed me to stay in bed until 8am!! Jensen and Keaton both woke up with big smiles on their little faces, which is a treat since they both had the unfortunate meeting of Hand Foot & Mouth Disease this week. (What a terrible name - the AMA or whomever it is that's in charge of naming diseases should really consider giving this a new name.) Anyway, Keaton was the first one to show signs...A fever on Monday; fussy, loss of appetite and excessive drool on Tuesday; and then the sores appeared on Wednesday. She was so uncomfortable and restless on Wednesday night and we felt helpless because there was nothing we could do to make her better or get her comfortable! Jensen never had a fever, but sores appeared under his tongue and in the back of his throat on Saturday morning. Poor little things! Keaton was back to herself by Friday and Jensen goes through different parts of his day where he's happy and then complains. They're on the mend and I'm glad to have that ugly thing behind us!

We went to church, came home for lunch and then I got to sneak away for a few hours to enjoy Starbucks and a much needed pedicure! I came home to cozy up on the couch with my fish blanket, book and remote. Joe prepared the perfect rainy day meal...tomato basil soup and the BEST grilled cheese sandwich (made with 4 different cheese) I've ever had!!! After dinner, the kids presented me with an adorable popsicle-themed picture frame with a collage of some recent pictures of them eating popsicles! So cute! Love creative, handmade gifts!!! Pretty much the PERFECT day for this mama!




In the quiet moments of my day, I found myself reflecting on the two amazing blessings that have given me the privilege of being a mom! I truly love my job as a mother! It is by far the most EXCITING, REWARDING and CHALLENGING thing I have done and will ever do!!  I am thankful everyday for their sweet little faces and appreciate this special day that celebrates all of the amazing mothers out there!!

(As I sit here and type during naptime, I hear a little voice upstairs. I turn on the monitor to find Jensen happily singing in his bed. "Head, shoulders, knees & toes!" As I listen and watch, I can't help but smile and soak up the moment!!)

Joe, Jensen, Keaton & Bailey - Thank you for making my day absolutely perfect!! I love you!

No comments: