September 15, 2009

Sleepless nights....The joy of parenting!

As Jensen has approached his 6 month birthday, he's getting bigger and more active! He's very close to sitting up on his own. We think he's started teething as well. We had a near sleepless night with lots of "new" crys and restlessness. We tried rocking him, feeding him, walking him around and nothing seemed to do the trick....until we brought him downstairs, turned on the light, gave him a toy and out came the smiles! The little guy wanted to have a party in the middle of the night! Maybe he didn't realize it was 3AM, not 3PM. Joe walked him around in the driveway, which also seemed to make him happy!
It was one of those nights where Joe and I just looked at each other and didn't know what to do. I guess this is just one of the many mysteries we'll face as parents- and one of the many frustrations of feeling helpless that we will have. It's a reminder how much you can truly love someone....you learn to be completely selfless...I would have given anything to know what the problem was so I could fix it. I broke my heart to hear him so upset!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Swany! He is so adorable!!
I must see him soon!!
hope all is well!
Your a great mom :]
love ya!
Jennifer & all the cannons!