August 4, 2014

Summer - Summer - Summertime!

The summer has come & gone quickly! I had all intentions of being productive and catching up on picture-type projects this summer...and it just didn't happen! I also did not make one single blog entry over the summer. So I've uploaded a bunch of pictures from the summer to do a little recap. 

We've had an awesome summer full of travel, pool time, hanging with family and friends, camp, VBS and some other surprises!!

Memorial Weekend:
Went to Athens to visit our good friends, the Chrisohons who had just moved there.
Keaton & Hartley Mae
Jensen & Eli
Spent Sunday morning visiting UGA campus!

End of May: 
Strawberry picking with the Porters

After strawberry picking, we spent the afternoon at our pool and walking by the creek!

Yummy ice cream sandwiches

June 2-5:
Jensen & Carson went to baseball camp

June 9-13: 
Jensen went to Weird Animals VBS at Due West Methodist and
Jensen & Keaton went to Weird Animals VBS at Living Hope Church (Open Arms).
In between the two VBS sessions, they also took swim lessons with Ms. Rebecca. This was Jensen's third year and Keaton's first year.

VBS at Open Arms with Bode & Brady


June 6-8:
Joe and the kids went to Savannah to visit Grandma. J-pa met them there (from Charlotte) so he and Joe could go on a fishing excursion!

June 5-9:
I spent the weekend in Nashville at the CMA Fest with my best friends from college, Sarah & Lindsey. Such a fun weekend together! And I bought my first pair of cowboy boots!!

Father's Day!!
A laid back day at the pool and grilling out. The kids made Joe an "All About My Daddy" paper!


Keaton's 1/2 Birthday Celebration!
No better way to celebrate Keaton this year than a Frozen party!!!





The Swanson & Dups visited Atlanta in June for Phil & Joye's wedding! A crazy few days packed with fun and then we all hit the roads for WNY. Molly & Josh stopped in Ohio for a few days to visit with Josh's family and then we reconvened in Jamestown for the week.
Heading to the pool!





Candyball!


Visiting WNY - Chautauqua Lake

Visiting with Great Gram!
Happy 4th of July!
Chilaxin'!
Beautiful evening on the lake. Heading to The Vikings for reubens & Cubans!
The Brewery

Nana & Bapa with their kiddos!


Porter's Lake House - NC





Keaton's first time tubing...she wasn't a fan!
SUP!!!
"Fishing!"

Keaton has become obsessed with Bailey and other dogs this summer!


EXCITING NEWS OF THE SUMMER:
In mid-June, after almost six years of working at TNT part-time, my position was cut. Although it was sad to say goodbye and hard for it to end that way, I knew something bigger was in store for me, just wasn't sure it was going to happen so soon. I spent the following month enjoying my summer days with the kids and Joe. We packed it full of fun activities and travels (as you can see from the pictures)!

What came next, I was not expecting...In mid-July, I was offered a full-time teaching position at KSU!!!! I had been hoping and praying for this opportunity for so long, but had no idea it would happen like it did! This was clearly God's plan all along! I was able to have a month off with my family and enjoy my first summer of not working since I've had kids. Joe and I have always said that it would be nice to at least get Jensen to kindergarten with me working part-time and here we are, sending Jensen to kindergarten!

I am so excited! I love the new class I'll be teaching and my fall schedule. I've worked it out that I will be able to get home a few days a week to get Jensen off the bus! It's amazing that I can be working full-time and still have the flexibility to be home with Jensen in the afternoons! For the first few nights after it happened, I was waking up in the middle of the night pinching myself! I can't believe how this has all come together! We are blessed!!!
CHEERS!


Joe & Jensen spent an evening fishing!
And Jensen caught a fish!

Legoland


A great day with the Barfields!
CFA for lunch

Soaking up the final days of summer!

Our awesome garden!




ABC Camp at the Y
This camp is for 3-5 year olds so one of the few times the kids will be able to do camp together for another few years. They were in the same group and loved playing together all morning!



Luke Bryan concert with Mandy & Van. A fun date night!!






No comments: